About Me

My photo
I'm Emily. :) I'm artsy, obsessed with music, and crazy once you get to know me.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Bipolar Winter


Don't get me wrong, I love the snow and winter and cold, but the weather this year is on the fritz. One day, we'll be hit with a blizzard that buries us in a foot of snow. The next day, it'll be 42 degrees and the roads are wet, the grass muddy and mushy. I'd prefer ice over slushy, wet snow; at least the ice doesn't get your shoes and pants soaking wet.

That's like what happened today; it poured down rain for hours to the point of large puddles flooding the streets and yards. But just four days ago we had a snow storm that cancelled school. And apparently, snow is on the cards for us again tomorrow night? Crazy, right? At least it's better than last year; it barely snowed at all and even Christmas was brown. We had one snow day and that's not normal for Iowa.

As far as I'm concerned, this winter isn't so bad just because the seniors don't have to worry about making up anymore snow days this year and everyone else has to go into June. Sweet! I suppose I can sacrifice wet pants and shoes for a shorter school year and a longer summer before college.

Word count: 207

No comments:

Post a Comment