About Me

My photo
I'm Emily. :) I'm artsy, obsessed with music, and crazy once you get to know me.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Piercings vs Tattoos


Over the past year or so, a lot of kids around my age have gotten tattoos. I've thought about getting one myself, but the main reason holding me back is the fact that it's extremely permanent, and the efforts needed to try and remove it are painful, expensive, and time-consuming. And there's no guarantee it'll actually work.

The advantages of piercings over tattoos are they aren't as painful as sitting in a chair for hours with a needle scraping into your skin, they can be changed whenever you want, and they aren't permanent. I'd find it kind of gross seeing a 70-year-old man with full sleeves or wrinkly old ladies with tramp stamps. Even the most crazy of piercings can be removed, with a small scar of course but the scar of a laser-removed tattoo will look much worse.

My ex boyfriend has a friend who's a tattoo artist. When he was first starting to do tattoos, he asked my ex if he could practice on his arm. He ended up passing out drunk in the middle of the procedure and left a "lion" that looked like it was drawn by a third grader on my ex's bicep. And it'll be there forever.

Although some piercings look gross if they're excessive, or are administered in weird places, they can still be taken out and they'll close eventually. Although tattoos look really cool, they have some drawbacks that make them less desirable. I'd rather get piercings any day.

Word count: 249

No comments:

Post a Comment