About Me

My photo
I'm Emily. :) I'm artsy, obsessed with music, and crazy once you get to know me.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

I'm a Big Kid Now...


It’s really hard to believe that I’m almost done with high school. It seems like only yesterday I was walking up the steps in front of Kennedy for the first time, stumbling through the doors and into the hallways flooding with strange people I didn’t know. I even remember what I was wearing on my first day of high school. It’s scary to think that in a few short months, I’ll be a big college kid, and I won’t have the secure environment of my high school anymore. Everything is familiar in high school: the teachers, the hallways, the annoying underclassmen, the rules, the noises, the smells. I used to be so afraid of this place because it was so big; all the classrooms were organized in such weird ways; there were just SO MANY PEOPLE. But after a while, I learned where everything was, where to go for assemblies, where the bathrooms and the cafeteria are. In college, I’ll have to do all of that all over again, and I’m freaking out a little bit.

I think I’m most afraid of not knowing what to do when something goes wrong when I’m in college, because I’m going to be about an hour away from home and I won’t have my family there to help me or give me advice. I’m worried that I might run out of money or I’d get lost, or that my car might break down somewhere and I won’t know what to do, silly little things like that. I’m also worried that my roommate might be a total bitch or a crazy person, or that we’ll end up fighting all the time and I’ll be miserable. I hate that I have to grow up so fast.

Word count: 293

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment