About Me

My photo
I'm Emily. :) I'm artsy, obsessed with music, and crazy once you get to know me.

Monday, April 8, 2013

Prom?


I've been debating lately whether or not I want to go to prom. I know it's my senior year and it's really my only opportunity ever to get to go, but I've never been a big fan of dances. I've gone to Homecoming every year, but how different is it from prom, really? It's more expensive. I mean, look at those dresses! The tickets are more since prom includes a fancy country-club dinner, the dance itself and the party afterwards. Everyone spends so much money on hair and makeup and nails when they could honestly do most of that themselves or have a friend do it.

            Another thing I'm not too excited about in regards to prom is the fact that I do not and probably will not have a date. I know it's not a big deal and it would most likely be more fun going with a big group of friends, but every girl wants a guy to ask her to prom in a really cute way. Seeing all the adorable little couples with their balloons and posters and pictures clogging up my news feeds makes me sick and a little sad, to be honest. It makes the prom experience less exciting. It sucks even more when the people I'd be in a group with have quite a few couples in there, too. It's like I never get away from them!

            I don't want to have to spend a ton of money on a dress that I'll probably never wear again, shoes I can't really walk in, and get my hair and makeup done all nice just to get sweaty and gross during a dance, in the dark, where no one can see. I think we get all dressed up for the pictures and that's it which is honestly really funny because everybody takes pictures of themselves pretty much every day anyway.

            Even though I'm not feeling this whole prom thing, I'm pretty sure I'm going to go just to say I went, and I might regret it when I'm my mother's age and I didn't go. I don't want to be Drew Barrymore in "Never Been Kissed", waiting until I'm 25 to go undercover back to high school so I can go to my senior prom. I might as well take the chance now while it's here.

Word count: 401

No comments:

Post a Comment