About Me

My photo
I'm Emily. :) I'm artsy, obsessed with music, and crazy once you get to know me.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Nap Time is a Must


            When you get home from a long day of intellectual stimulation and torture, otherwise known as school, sometimes it's really nice to just take a nap. We poor children haven't been able to take naps since Kindergarten, and we're always so damn tired because we go to work after school some days and stay up until the wee hours of the morning doing all of our homework. But on those occasional days off, what smart, sleep-deprive high-school kid isn't thinking of taking advantage of maybe an hour or two for a little snooze?

            Some nights when you have little or no homework, you could just eat dinner and then go straight to sleep really early. That feels fucking AWESOME. Not just the feeling of having no homework but also being able to catch up on some very-much-needed sleep. As we all know, sleep is essential to our learning. Uck. No. Sleep is just fun and it keeps you from waking up like a zombie or being a real nasty person to be around. My sister is that kind of person. She doesn't do well on little sleep. She will fall asleep right when we get home from school and sleep straight through dinner sometimes, wake up for maybe an hour and then go right back to bed. Even when she gets tons of sleep she still wakes up in a pissy mood sometimes.

            I just woke up from a pretty fantastic three-hour nap myself and it inspired this post. I don't know what it is, maybe I'm just weird, but I am really comfortable sleeping on the floor. Hell, I can fall asleep and nap pretty much anywhere: floor, couch, chair, sitting up, on a pile of pillows/blankets/clothes, you name it. Anyone else like that? At least it means that I'm not picky when it comes to sleeping somewhere. Like when your family goes on vacation and there are only two beds for the six of you; of course your parents will have one and your selfish siblings claim the second so you're kind of forced to create a make-shift bed on the floor. Either way, no matter where I sleep, naps are amazing. But they gotta be at least an hour. Or two. Or more.

Word count: 380

No comments:

Post a Comment