About Me

My photo
I'm Emily. :) I'm artsy, obsessed with music, and crazy once you get to know me.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

LOST


            I've just recently gotten into the popular tv show Lost. I never really watched it when it was still showing on tv, but I had seen bits and pieces and I'd heard people talking about it, so I became interested. When my younger sister got the first two seasons on DVD, she and I started watching them together. I'm pretty much hooked, to say the least, even though I'm still only into the first season.

            I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen the show yet, but I need to rant or at least talk about it a little bit because it's just that good. The basic idea of the show is these people are stranded on an island after their plane crashed. There are roughly 40 survivors settling on this island trying to receive help, but the radio in the plane doesn't work and they cannot pick up any type of signal. The island is enchanted or magical in some way. If this is considered a give-away, it really shouldn't be because it's pretty obvious in some of the events that take place within even the first few episodes. I can't really say how or why because, well, I honestly don't know yet.

            Not only do these poor survivors have to endure the surprises of the island, but they have to learn to live amongst each other; they're all strangers, some criminals, addicts, doctors, others keep to themselves and you question the character of some of them. I won't mention any names, you'll just have to find that out for yourself.

            I think my favorite part about the show is that it keeps you on your toes at the end of every episode. Not even the end really, because new thing happen throughout the entire thing. Every little detail is important and it all fits together like a puzzle. It's crazy how much I already know after watching most of the first season. I wish I could go into full discussion mode with this but I REALLY don't want to give anything away. I think this show is way too good for anyone NOT to watch it.

Word count: 372

No comments:

Post a Comment