About Me

My photo
I'm Emily. :) I'm artsy, obsessed with music, and crazy once you get to know me.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

It's Here...Homecoming!


It’s that time of year again! When I was in middle school and I pictured homecoming, I imagined all the expensive dresses, the tall, strappy heels, corsages, ties and dress pants, the fancy restaurants; all of which are still a part of the homecoming tradition, but are then tainted by some students’ neglect to stay fully clothed throughout the whole dance. Or worse. I don’t think it’s that difficult for them to at least wait until they get home or, if they’re that desperate, not even come to the dance and go home to take care of business after they eat and take pictures. Finding evidence of these activities at the end of the night is gross, but I’m afraid there is no real way to avoid it even after the new rules put in place by Administration. The mosh pit is still going to have those few kids in the center “gettin’ down” (literally, NOT figuratively) with the rest of us standing around watching, unfortunately. The girls are still going to “hike up their skirts with their hands on the floor”. I know it’s disgusting, but we’re talking about teenagers in a dark room here. If only they could be a little more courteous, that would be fantastic.

Word count: 209

No comments:

Post a Comment