About Me

My photo
I'm Emily. :) I'm artsy, obsessed with music, and crazy once you get to know me.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Leaves Say it All


            I can hardly contain how excited I am that it's pretty much fall already. Fall is my absolute favorite season of the year. Not only is it breathtakingly gorgeous outside, but it has finally cooled down so I'm no longer sweating the second I walk out my front door like I was all summer long. I was a little afraid that this fall would be abnormally hot since this past summer was sweltering and last winter we barely had any snow at all, so our poor Mother Nature has been a little confused lately. I'd honestly rather have the weather be cooler than normal because you can always add on a few layers; if it's too hot, you can only get so naked before it becomes a problem.
           
            A lot of exciting things come along with fall; the leaves changing colors and the temperature drop, obviously, but for me it also means that my birthday is coming soon. My grandma always said that once the leaves turn then my birthday is just around the corner; two weeks and a day to be exact. This birthday is a big one -- 18, woo! I also decided to wait until this fall to take my senior pictures because I wanted the colorful backdrop.

            I think my favorite and most exciting event that comes with fall is Halloween. Shocker, I know. Even though I'm technically "too old" to go trick-or-treating anymore, who says I can't take my little brother and sister around and "help out"? Seriously though, Halloween is one of the best holidays ever. I don't dress up anymore, but just the feeling that comes with Halloween, the atmosphere is so...intoxicating, in a way. It's such a fun and interesting holiday; it also has a series of frightening movies. Lots of scary movies associate with Halloween, actually, which makes sense. Much like Christmas, when it's Halloween season, it's EVERYWHERE. You're surrounded by costumes and candy and pumpkins and witches and monsters and spiders and orange and black anywhere you look. I love going to haunted houses; Nightmare Manor is my favorite and no matter how many times I've gone through it I always come out without my voice. I know I'm not a little kid anymore, but Halloween makes me feel like I can be for a night.

Word count: 386

No comments:

Post a Comment