About Me

My photo
I'm Emily. :) I'm artsy, obsessed with music, and crazy once you get to know me.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Senior Year!


That's right! We all know that means cramming those last required classes, missing sleep because of too many AP courses, senior pranks, senior pictures, prom, and major senioritis, pretty much all year long. It's unfortunate that the past three years have already gone by so fast; I remember what I wore on my very first day of high school. As a naive freshman walking through the halls for the first time, I was scared to death of what high school would bring me. Now, as a senior, I'm always thinking about what things I want to carry on with me once I leave. It makes me sad that this year is already going by quickly. Before we all know it, we'll be dumped off at some college's doorstep.

            I know a lot of kids are taking advantage of senior year and having as much fun as they can because everyone knows "yolo" -- honestly, that word drives me nuts, but the words are important. The phrase "you only live once" doesn't mean partying hard every night, getting stoned off your ass, sleeping with as many people as you can, or getting "wastey-pants!" all the time. It means do things that are actually worth your time and beneficial to you. There are so many better things to do: spending time with friends, going to football games, see movies, anything that doesn't danger you or other people. Senior year only happens once, or should, anyway, and it should be remembered instead of having to be told by sober people who watched you be an idiot. You do only live once; don't waste your time.

            I want to remember all the struggles I went through my senior year: staying up late finishing homework every night, waking up early for zero hour, having to stay after school to finish assignments, not being able to see my friends because of having to work and focus on school, trying to squeeze in a nap every now and then. I want to remember these because at the end of the year I'll be able to see how I've grown as a student and ultimately as a person throughout my high school years.

Word count: 382 

No comments:

Post a Comment