About Me

My photo
I'm Emily. :) I'm artsy, obsessed with music, and crazy once you get to know me.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Blogging is Kinda Tough


            I’m pretty sure the first time I ever heard of a blog was from the movie Julie and Julia; it was about a woman who blogged every day about how she would try and recreate Julia Child’s recipes from her cookbooks. (For those of you who don’t know, Julia Child was a chef back in the day. She’s dead now, I believe.) Anyways, she was a great cook and Julie decided to blog about it. In AP Lang, when Mizzay told us we had to blog, I figured I could write the way Julie did in that movie: maybe recreate dishes and post about it. I later found out while writing, that that kind of blog was kind of boring, to be honest. I figured that topic was a little more suitable for older women. Not old, older. Like my mother or something so she could learn new meals to make for dinner.

            I fiddled around in my brain for things to write about for my blog and I got seriously stumped. Blogging is hard! Ranting on and on about something you’re interested in is a figurative piece of cake, but coming up with funny, interesting, or serious topics is tough. I thought it would be easy to blog about things a high-school kid or just any teenager would find helpful or interesting to read about. Seeing is how I am a teenager, I assumed it would be easier to plug into Word and have it come out more tangible than learning new recipes for exotic dishes. Turns out, I was right, in a way.

            Writing about real things we go through as teenagers helps me, even as the writer, because I feel like I mature a little as I’m explaining things. In my previous posts about procrastination, bullying, dealing with the different personalities and styles of those hallway-walkers, homecoming issues, I feel like I’m taking my own advice as I give it. Even though we’re not supposed to blog like it’s a diary entry, I think writing from our own experiences and views on things makes the topics more relatable to our audiences.

Word count: 378

No comments:

Post a Comment