About Me

My photo
I'm Emily. :) I'm artsy, obsessed with music, and crazy once you get to know me.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

:Forever Alone:


            Some days, nothing is more depressing than walking the halls at school and observing all those cute little couples holding hands and strolling through the crowd. It's almost as if they're in slow motion like in those chick flicks, with a figurative glow about them. Bleh. Although the scene is utterly sickening, especially when there's smooching going on, it's still something a lot of people, especially girls, I'm sure, wish they could have. Myself included.

            Do you ever have one of those lonely Friday nights, when everyone else out having fun with huge groups of people and you're at home, alone, lying on the couch with a vat of cookies 'n' cream ice cream in your lap, and "How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days" on your T.V.? Yeah, me either. Sounds sad and depressing, right? Those are the nights when you stay up late watching as many romantic comedies as you can because any free time makes you think, and thinking makes you feel even more miserable. Okay, I lied, I was talking about myself here. But still, I'm probably not the only one. I think.

            *One of the things that hurts the most, in my opinion, at least, is when you make plans with someone and they just completely bail out on you. It's one thing if they give you some sort of lame excuse and you can tell they're lying just so they can go to some "cool" party instead or something, but it's a totally different story if they give you no response. At all. It's even worse when THEY are the ones who initiated the "hanging out" in the first place! I'm like, really? Is that the kind of friend you are? If that's the case then I'm glad to know now. I would expect something like this more from guys or something, not someone who was supposed to be my "best friend".

            I swear, the older I get the more I realize that female best friends are not the answer. Male best friends are definitely the way to go. I think. I wouldn't really know because I've never had one, but I've had a lot of best friends that were girls and they always fucked me over, for one reason or another. There's a lot less drama with guys, unless he ends up falling for you or vise versa and the other doesn't feel the same way, blah, blah, blah. If you can find a guy friend that will go shopping with you, watch sappy movies with you, and listen when you call him at night, crying because you're feeling forever alone, then he's a keeper. And who knows, maybe things will turn out and he will take care of your forever-alone-ness. I'll get right on that.

            *I apologize for my ranting session. Girls are bitches.

Word count: 481

No comments:

Post a Comment