About Me

My photo
I'm Emily. :) I'm artsy, obsessed with music, and crazy once you get to know me.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Parents...


            I hate that my parents don't trust me. I'm not exactly perfect and I've done some stupid things before in my life, but that doesn't make me a troubled child who needs to be put on house arrest. The thing that bothers me the most is they think that, because the majority of kids my age are out drinking till they're made of booze and not water, getting high off of anything they can find, and sleeping with everyone in the school. I'm still a teenager, but I'm not one of those teenagers.
            My parents, especially my dad, believe that he knows me so well. When he finds out something true about me that he doesn't know, he gets angry and thinks I've been keeping secrets from him. Bottom line, Dad, that just proves that you don't know me as well as you think you do.
            I remember one day in particular. I was on the floor laughing my ass off, not quite literally but close, because my sister and I were just messing around and being stupid like always. My dad comes home from work while I'm laughing, and he gets right in my face and yells at me, "What did you smoke?!" Get off my ass, Dad! I don't do that shit. I should be allowed to laugh without being accused of smoking weed just because everyone else does it.
            My mom, however, is a different story. She's the type of mother that's like a best friend, unless you're in trouble. She definitely knows more about me than my dad does because he'd freak out about everything. My mom would just roll her eyes and ask me a billion questions. She still cares just as much as any mother does, but she doesn't overreact and get angry. I really wish my dad was more like that.

Word count: 315 

No comments:

Post a Comment