About Me

My photo
I'm Emily. :) I'm artsy, obsessed with music, and crazy once you get to know me.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Tattoo Maybe?


            I just recently got an industrial (a metal bar that is pierced through two points in the cartilage of my ear) and my nose pierced. Over the past ten years, I've gotten my ears pierced four other times, counting the time when I got them pierced the first time when I was seven; I let them close, sadly. I don't know why, but I really like getting piercings. That might sound a little creepy and over-the-top, but I like the way they look. Now, that doesn't mean I'm going to go out and pierce my cheek or my eyebrow or something crazy and, honestly, not very attractive like that would be. I can pierce my ears as much as I want and I think it would still look cute. And the good thing about piercings is, they aren't necessarily permanent. If I got huge gauges that stretched my ears to three inches in diameter then, yeah, I'd say they're going to stay stretched out. But a nose or ear piercing will eventually close up, which is good for when I'm a saggy old lady who doesn't want her ears full of holes.

            My dilemma, however, is whether or not I want to get a tattoo. I'm debating for multiple reasons: 1. I'm deathly afraid of needles, to the point where I actually kicked the nurse when I was six or seven. 2. They're permanent, unless I want to undergo laser removal which will most likely hurt more than the application of the tattoo anyway. 3. I'm most likely going to be saggy drooping when I'm older, which means my tattoo will also be saggy and drooping. The image will distort and it won't be cute anymore. The thing is, I see a lot of my friends getting them, and some are truly adorable. I wouldn't get anything huge, but something small and meaningful will do just fine. I wanted to get it on a place that wouldn't sag so much, like my foot or my ankle, or maybe my wrist. I was also thinking my tattoo will help with my fear of needles; I can get piercings all I want, a tattoo should be easy, right? I guess I need to ponder this idea a little more.

Word count: 380

No comments:

Post a Comment