About Me

My photo
I'm Emily. :) I'm artsy, obsessed with music, and crazy once you get to know me.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hellish New Year


Oh. My. God. I thought Christmas Eve was a nightmare, but New Year’s Eve takes the cake, and not in a good way. I don’t know what our society’s problem is, but everyone and their mother is a damn procrastinator to the extreme.

*At work, we were open until 6 pm on New Year’s Eve so people still had time to get ready to go out with their friends and family for the holiday. Apparently, the entire fucking city didn’t know when New Year’s Eve was, or they’re just stupid, because the entire population of Cedar Rapids decided to flock into Gordmans between 10 am and 6 pm. Not one minute was slow, steady, or easily worked. There were constantly people flooding the fitting room, trying on ten items at a time, keeping none and then preceding to go back for rounds two and three or more. Every single time they tried on clothes, they kept maybe one or two things, three if I was lucky. Most of the time they just threw their shit on my counter and stomped away in a huff like it was my fault that none of the clothes fit. I’m sorry, ma’am; I wasn’t aware that 40-somethings couldn’t fit into junior jeans and dresses. I’ll be sure to warn the next soul entering my domain.

The most disgusting part about this was almost every woman who came in was trying on either short skirts, tight jeans and low-cut shirts, or lingerie. It’s like, really, you’re going out to a dark bar or club, you’re going to get sweaty and piss drunk, you will more-likely-than-not throw up on yourself or have someone else throw up on you, and eventually your see-through lacey babydoll ensemble is going to be ripped off of you, so WHY EVEN BOTHER BUYING IT?! If you were smart, you’d wear old, holey sweats or something because you’re just going to get more disgusting as the night goes on.

Not only was everyone trying on a million skanky little outfits, but we were suddenly hit by a mob of shoppers, literally, at 5:55 pm. I had never seen it so busy, so close to our closing time. The closing announcements didn’t even phase them. They were like a virus or something. We had to start turning people down from the fitting room because we were closed. We even had about a dozen people call after hours to see when we closed. Sorry, bitches, we closed ten minutes ago. Happy New Year!

 

Word count: 421

No comments:

Post a Comment