About Me

My photo
I'm Emily. :) I'm artsy, obsessed with music, and crazy once you get to know me.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Resolution


                When I was younger, whenever I heard about people’s New Year’s resolutions, a lot of the time I had to roll my eyes and laugh to myself because they were always the same: “I want to lose weight!” “I want to find a boyfriend/girlfriend!” “I want to stop doing this and this and do this instead!” I never really made a resolution that I could actually stick to. And before this year, I thought they were silly.

                I realize that those kinds of resolutions I mentioned aren’t so silly now that I’m old enough to find that they’re actually possible. I just recently started dating this new guy, and things are clicking pretty well. It’s funny because finding a boyfriend wasn’t a resolution for me, yet it happened anyway. This sounds rather pathetic I’m sure, but I’ve only had one other boyfriend before and he turned out to be quite the asshole. One of my resolutions for this year is to just be able to keep this relationship as long as I can.

                My boyfriend and I have one big thing in common; we’re both bigger people. This is where the second resolution comes in. See, he used to be really fit, played football and lifted A LOT. He wants to get back into shape and asked if I’d do it with him. Normally, I’d probably pass out at just the thought because I’d tried losing weight before and I failed miserably, so I just decided to accept it. But, since he wants to do it with me, I figured we could use it as a way of bonding and spending time together. Besides, there’s no way I’d have the motivation to do it if I didn’t have him there with me to keep my ass in gear.

                Another resolution I have this year is to go to college without any problems. I’ve already been accepted to UNI which I’m TOTALLY stoked about. Unfortunately, though, I didn’t get the art scholarship I applied for. That just means I’ll have to bust my ass more for ways of paying for school. I’m not looking forward to working full time this summer, and not being able to spend my money isn’t going to be fun either.

                Overall, I think my resolutions are pretty plausible. I’m just hoping nothing gets in the way and I’m able to keep my focus so things will turn out the way I want them to.


Word count: 413

No comments:

Post a Comment