About Me

My photo
I'm Emily. :) I'm artsy, obsessed with music, and crazy once you get to know me.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Nail 'Em!


            Any other girls have an obsession with painting your nails like I do? If my nails are long enough for my liking, I find myself doing something to them almost every day. I like to experiment with different color combinations, patterns and designs on my nails. There are a lot of cool tools and stuff I like to use, too.

·       They make acrylic kits so you can do your nails as if you were going to the salon to get them done. They're about $15 for three sets which is half the price of one full set if you get them done professionally. It takes some practice getting used to using the little brush and applying the acrylic, but once you get the hang of it, it's fun and pretty easy. You can paint them however you want when you're done.
·        I like to use different techniques and tools to decorate my nails. One of my favorite tools is a dotting tool; it has a small metal bulb at either end, one is a little larger than the other and it's used to make dots or lines on your nails neatly. I like it because I put flowers or hearts on my nails a lot and I like to write letters as well. The tool is only a couple bucks at Walmart.
·         I really like using stickers as well. They're good for when you want your nails to look a little more professionally done than if you made flowers yourself without having to fish out the money for it. I use tip stickers as well when I want to have French tips because they make a perfectly straight guideline to paint so my nails look really nice.
·       Sometimes I like to be really creative and paint pictures or phrases on my nails. My favorite little project was when I painted Angry Birds pigs; it took a while, but they looked awesome!


 



Word count: 330

No comments:

Post a Comment